Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day Seven

Day 7- A picture of my most treasured item

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These are my most treasured items (note it says item and not person).  Bethesda gave these to us after Ethan and Jacob passed away.  They made them with their hand and footprints.  It is amazing how tiny they were.  When we first came home from the hospital, I touched these all the time.  It was a way to connect with my babies.  Their hands and feet had touched that clay.  It was a link to them.  It is one of the few things that we have of theirs.  
I was so worried about them when we moved.  I packed them like glass, and we carried them in the car.  I brought them inside the hotel room, because I was scared they would somehow melt.  I would be crushed if we lost this link to Ethan and Jacob. 

So, this is my most treasured item.  I have other things in my house that I do love.  My great grandmother's crystal bowl and vase are pretty high on my list.  I love the history from them.  I love that they have been handed down.  I love that one day, I will give them to Blake's wife and explain where they are from.  It doesn't hurt that they are beautiful either!    

No comments:

Post a Comment