Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 17

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently


The birth of this guy. Gone are the days of sleeping all night. Breastfeeding has kept me from sleeping an entire night since he has been born. That's right, I haven't slept a full night in over five months. I'm tired.

Gone are the days of being on time. I am always late now. It seems like Blake knows when I am about to walk out of the door with him. He makes me late constantly.

Gone are the days of easy travel. We practically pack his entire room to go anywhere over night. Two outfits a day, sleepers, swaddle blanket, humidifier, music cd, lamby, bibs, teething rings, bottles, medicines, bumbo chair, diapers, wipes.... And probably about ten things I have forgotten. We don't travel lightly anymore.

That said, I sure do love that little guy. He is so cute and sweet. Even when he is overtired, and screaming... I love him. Throughout the tired nights, being late every time, and packing half a house, I have never thought twice about if it is worth it. He is just so smilie and happy (most of the time anyway).

Another (unexpected) way he has changed me is that he has taught me how much we lost with Ethan and Jacob. I thought I knew what we lost in September of 2009. I had no idea until Blake got here. All of the fun we are having with Blake, I realize we missed with them. All of the dreams we have for him, were lost with them.

So.... Here is our life changer


No comments:

Post a Comment