Friday, October 30, 2009

First week of normal

So... week one of our new normal is done. We both survived the week. Yay team. Joe is working in the Mike company office at TBS. It is good that he has something to keep him busy all day, even if it is BS most of the time. He has been working out again and getting into shape for when he starts school. We are back on normal people time now. We have been going to bed around 11 each night, which is a huge improvement from our 3am bedtimes before.
This week was pretty busy for me too. We let a lot of things slide while I was pregnant, just because I was unable to do it. So I have been catching up. Bailey went to the vet, which he loved. It is amazing how much he loves the vet's office. He practically wiggles the entire time. He was a very good boy and everyone in the office loves him. He has to go back in a week to check his ears. I think that he might have something going on, but the vet tech didn't think so... so I made an appointment with the actual vet to be sure. He just acts like they are bothering him. We will see what the vet says.
I had an awesome spa day this week too. A few of my friends from home sent me a gift certificate for a full day of pampering. It was really sweet of them to do that, and I really appreciate it. It was amazing. I left feeling very relaxed and FINALLY got my toes done. They were due to be done when I was put in the hospital, and it just didn't get done. They look very pretty again thank goodness.
I did have a very disappointing moment this week. I realized that not everyone is going to get it, no matter how much I try to explain everything. I can tell them over and over again, but it wont make a difference. That really hurt my heart. I wish everyone would get it, but they wont... and I really need to learn to accept that. Until I do, I am just going to be disappointed over and over again. It is hard for me to accept that, but it is just the way things are. The more I understand this is the way things are, the less I will be disappointed in people. I have to constantly remind myself that the people that don't understand are still good people, they just don't understand... and say/do things that show that they don't understand. Just because it has been a month and a half, does not mean we are all better.
Overall, this week was not so bad. We are starting our new normal, and it isn't too bad. It could be a lot better, but we are dealing with that. I started cooking dinner again, and our house is slowly coming back together. Hopefully next week will bring us even more happiness in our new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment