Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Isabella

Our good friends, Tina and Phil invited us to their beautiful daughter's birthday party on Saturday. Isabella is one! It has been amazing to see how much she has grown and changed over the past year. Joseph and I were lucky enough to meet Isabella hours after she was born, and have watched her grow and change. It was exciting to celebrate her first birthday with Tina and Phil. It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny little baby.

Other than being a beautiful little girl, Isabella constantly reminds me that the IVF process can work. She was once a little frozen embryo, and she gives me hope that one day Joseph and I will have a little once frozen embryo crawling around on the floor. She reminds me that it can and will happen one day. As we struggled with IVF, Pprom, and then losing the boys... Isabella was the lone baby allowed around me. Instead of sadness around her, I feel hope. It worked for Tina and Phil, and it will work for us.

Otherwise, things are going well. Joseph is finally done with being the platoon commander in his TBS class. He is able to relax a little more, and not have to worry about every little thing being held against him. I am so proud of him. He did a great job, and really worked hard to make sure things ran smoothly. He is going to make a great officer. The countdown to find out where we are going is on! I am really ready to find out where we will spend the next 3-4 years.

I have met quite a few of the wives from Joseph's TBS class. We are having a lot of meetings to pass the time. It really helps to spend time with the girls, when the boys are working such long hours. Yesterday, Tina and I made blankets all afternoon. After Tina taught me how, I made a knot blanket for Bailey. His crate needed a new blanket, so I made him one with puppies all over it. It turned out really well, and Joseph was impressed with my creative moment. I plan on making more, it was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment