Thursday, October 25, 2012

It Never Ends....

Today was our follow up from my D&C and a pre-IVF ultrasound. It didn't go well. I really feel like we just can not catch a break. It is constantly something.

Today, my RE saw that my tube was damaged from infection from the retained tissues from the miscarriage. The antibiotics they gave me has cleared the infection, but that tube has to come out. Goodbye tube. I have never really used you anyway. I have never gotten pregnant without IVF. Tubes are worthless to us.

I also seem to have a misshaped uterus. It's very minor, but my doctor is going to check it out and fix it. He found that while they were examining my tube.

So, I have surgery scheduled for next week. I will get a pretty little battle scar right below my belly button. IVF is off until December. Only a month, which is good. It could be worse, but it is also so disappointing. We have been working on another baby to bring home since April.

I hate that everything is such a fight for us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are going through this!! I hope that the surgery helps and you will be on your way in no time! Lots of positive thoughts for a smooth surgery & easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet friend.
    I'm so sorry it's so hard.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete