Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Time

I have officially finished my graduate class.  Everyone kept telling me that after it was over, I would feel so accomplished.  I do, but I still sit here and wonder why I thought that would be a good idea.  Graduate school, deployment, 1 year old, volunteering, and a photography class. Insane.  I felt the stress lifting off of me as I turned in my last assignment.
My house is starting to look less like an episode of hoarders and more like a Toys R' Us commercial.  I think by Christmas, we will be back where we should be.  Just in time to bring home all of the things that Blake is getting for Christmas.  We won't say he is spoiled, he is just very loved.  ;)
 Christmas is lacking for me this year.  I am ignoring it.  If I ignore it long enough, it won't happen.  It can't happen without my love.  Sadly, it will happen without my love.  Add another holiday to the pile that he has missed because of this extended deployment.  So many.  While the others were hard, Christmas is the one that hurts the most.  So, he missed Memorial Day.  That was fine.  Were the banks even closed on Columbus day?!? The 4th of July wasn't too bad.  Veterans day was OK.  The TV was covered with Marines, but we survived.  Then Thanksgiving rolled in.  We made it through that thanks to my mother's delicious chocolate daiquiris and sweet potatoes (Blake's favorite food).  On to Christmas...
 We will miss Joseph greatly.  I will miss him.  I will miss his excitement.  I will miss his funny jokes.  I will miss his conversations. I will miss his happiness.  I will miss how happy he makes Blake.  He has become a huge part of not only my life, but my family's as well.  He even called and talked to my parents on Thanksgiving.  They will miss him almost as much as I will.
But, we press on... we have no other choice.  Each missed holiday brings him closer to home. So, for all of my military wives who's husbands are deployed for the holidays....





Keep your head up ladies.  Our turn will be here soon. 




     

No comments:

Post a Comment