Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I can honestly say that I hate Mother's day. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and am very thankful for all that she has done for me. I understand that it is a day for showing your mom how grateful you are, and a day that mothers can take it easy. I get it.

When we started trying to get pregnant, Mother's day turned from a happy day to a dreaded day. I wanted to be a mother so bad. I remember going to church and feeling my heart break. It was difficult. I think all women who struggle to become a mother have a hard time on Mother's Day. This Mother's Day was going to be different. This Mother's Day, my twin boys would be here and the day would be wonderful. I am going to try to enjoy this Mother's Day. I am going to remember my sweet babies and our precious time together. I am going to spend time with Joseph and Bailey. Next year, we will hopefully have a little Blake crawling and getting into everything. What a bittersweet Mother's Day that will be with Blake here and my two angels in Heaven.

To all my angel mommy friends-I will be thinking of you on Sunday. I am sure many of us may be forgotten in the Mother's Day celebration, but we are all Mothers. Our babies just live in Heaven instead of here.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Andrea! It's sad that events such as these can turn such happy occasions into bittersweet ones.

    ReplyDelete