Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas is over... on to 2010

Christmas has come and gone. Joseph and I tried to make the day as positive as possible. We started Christmas morning by visiting the boys. We took some new flowers and visited with them for a little while. The bows that we put up on Thanksgiving are still there. It was heartbreaking to spend Christmas in a graveyard, but there was no way we couldn't go see them on Christmas. After leaving the boys, we went to Joseph's parent's house and my Grandparent's house. All-in-all I think we did pretty well. The closer we get to the twins due date, the stronger we get. That day is going to be hard, but it will also be the last of these painful days for awhile. We unfortunately lost our boys right before three major holidays, followed closely by their due date.... which makes everything that much harder.
We are back in Stafford now. New Years Eve will probably be a quiet night for us. I think we are both excited about the prospect of a new year and a fresh start. 2009 will definitely go on record for being one of the most trying years to date. 2010 is going to be better for us, I just know it. I am ready for some positive things in our lives.
I leave you with a picture of the boy's headstone. I think it is beautiful. It is decorated for Christmas with the bows that Joseph and I put on there after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope that XMAS will be a wonderful time for you!
    ::HUGS::

    ReplyDelete