Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Today is the day we honor the men in our life.  The men who raised us, and then men who help raise our children now.
Joseph has been a better daddy than I ever dreamed he would be.  It took a lot of time and heartache for us to become pregnant.  From the moment we found out we were pregnant with Ethan and Jacob, he was just overjoyed.  He was amazing through that pregnancy.  When we found out we were having two boys, he was even more excited.  He had a huge grin on his face as we walked out of the office.

When I was hospitalized, he spent 3.5 weeks sleeping on a pull out couch.  He did everything he possibly could to make things better.  He kept me laughing and happy every second he could, even though he was terrified.  When we lost Ethan and Jacob, I saw Joseph hurt more than I have ever seen a human hurt.  He was devastated.  He loved those little babies with all of his heart.  He loved them before he even knew them.

When we found out I was pregnant with Blake, I was terrified.  Joseph was excited, really excited.  We agreed that we were going to keep the pregnancy a secret for as long as possible. Within about three days, Joseph had told everyone he worked with.  He was so happy.  Joseph was meant to be a daddy.  I always thought he would be a good one.

Then.... Blake was born.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 '
I realized that I had no idea how great of a daddy he would be.  Joseph loves Blake so much.  They had an instant bond.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I found them on our back porch MANY mornings, enjoying the sun while I slept.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blake loved snugging with Daddy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We never fought over who would have baby duty.  Joseph has never looked at Blake as a chore, he loved spending the time with him.  He got up with him all the time.  Even when I was feeding him, Joseph would get up to make sure everything was OK. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

















I love how Blake makes the same faces Joseph makes.  I was taking too long to snap the picture.  As you can see, they are both annoyed.  This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of them.  It makes me laugh every time.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


 











Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Father's Day, Joseph.  You are an amazing man and father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment